probability distribution

Guide :

probability distribution

properties of binomial,poission and their appllication in bussiness. formulaes of binomial and poission distribution.

Research, Knowledge and Information :

Probability distribution - Wikipedia

In probability theory and statistics, a probability distribution is a mathematical function that, stated in simple terms, can be thought of as providing the ...
Read More At :

Probability Distribution - Statistics and Probability

This lesson explains what a probability distribution is. Shows how to find probabilities of random variables. Includes problems with solutions.
Read More At :

List of probability distributions - Wikipedia

Many probability distributions that are important in theory or applications have been given specific names.
Read More At :

Probability Distribution in Statistics - ThoughtCo

A probability distribution is a function or rule that assigns probabilities to a random variable. This can be done in a list, a table or even a graph.
Read More At :

1.3.6. Probability Distributions

Probability Distributions Probability distributions are a fundamental concept in statistics. They are used both on a theoretical level and a practical level.
Read More At :

Probability Distribution - Investopedia

There are many different classifications of probability distributions. Some of them include the normal distribution, chi square distribution, binomial distribution ...
Read More At :

Lesson 5: Probability Distributions | STAT 200

In this lesson we will begin to explore the concept of statistical inference. We will look at both discrete and continuous probability distributions. The concepts of ...
Read More At :

Stats: Probability Distributions - Richland Community College

Probability Functions. A probability function is a function which assigns probabilities to the values of a random variable. All the probabilities must be between 0 ...
Read More At :

Constructing a probability distribution for random variable ...

Sal breaks down how to create the probability distribution of the number of "heads" after 3 flips of a fair coin.
Read More At :

Random variables | Statistics and probability | Math | Khan ...

Random variables can be any outcomes from some chance process, ... Constructing a probability distribution for random variable. Constructing probability distributions.
Read More At :

Suggested Questions And Answer :

probability question

Out of 50 students, X=30, Y=15, making up 90% of the students. a) Tree diagram consists at the top of the 50 students, branching out to the second level 30, 15 and 5 for the three disciplines. The project team tree has three branches but, because students are randomly chosen, we cannot say wha
Read More: ...

Two dice are being thrown at once and getting three is considered a success. Obtain the probability distribution of the number of 3's.

The number of possible outcomes of throwing 2 dice together is 36, but only 2 of these outcomes add up to 3: 1+2 or 2+1. So the probability is 2/36=1/18. A probability distribution of all possibilities is given through the table below:  1+1=2 1+2=3 1+3=4 1+4=
Read More: ...

Does the distribution represent probability distribution X 1 2 3 4 5 P (x) 1/10 3/10 1/10 2/10 3/10

P(x) for x=2 appears to be a glitch in an otherwise ascending series of values. If, for example the P values were in order: 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, 3/10, 1/10, they could be a skew distribution. The usual form for a probability distribution is a rise to a summit value and then a falling off; or a cumulati
Read More: ...

please solve this

f(t) gives the probability as a point on a distribution curve while F(t) is the area beneath the distribution curve to the left of the point defined by f(t), representing the sum of the probabilities up to the point f(t). A typical example is a normal distribution curve (bell curve). Along the t
Read More: ...

What is the probability that a tree’s height exceeds the mean if normally distributed.

(a) 50% by definition of the mean as the central point of the distribution. (b) For Z=1 the table gives the value 0.8413 which is 0.3413 above 0.5000 (mean). So 34.13% is the probability of being in the range from the mean and 1 SD from the mean. 0.5000-0.3413=1-0.8413=0.1587 (15.87%) is the prob
Read More: ...

how to solve it need help

a) The table below shows the probability distribution, where P is probability: RAINFALL P Profit (RM) Heavy 0.3 28000 Moderate 0.35 55000 Little 0.2 15000 None 0.15 7000 T
Read More: ...

Poisson distribution question

The probability of no mail in a day when µ=10 and x=0 is P(10,0)=(e^-10)(10^0)/0!=e^-10=0.0000454 approx. This is 1/22026 approx., or an expectation of one day without mail in about 22,026 days. If we scale this up for 3000 days we get 3000*0.0000454=0.1362. So a new Poisson distribution
Read More: ...

may i know how to solve this question??

a) The table below shows the probability distribution, where P is probability: RAINFALL P Profit (RM) Heavy 0.3 28000 Moderate 0.35 55000 Little 0.2 15000 None 0.15 7000 &
Read More: ...


(a)(1) The probability of a sale is 0.20 so the probability of no sale is 0.80. The probability of no sales with 8 firms is 0.80^8=16.78% approx. (2) We can use the binomial distribution with coefficients: 1 8 28 56 70 56 28 8 1. For no more than 2 sales we need the first 3 coefficients. (p+(p-1)
Read More: ...

How to plot

I guess you want to use Excel to plot a binomial distribution where the probability is p=0.25. Excel will plot a graph for non-cumulative and cumulative distribution. You use the BINOMDIST statistical function, which has 4 parameters:   number of successes (x axis); total number of trials,
Read More: ...

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
next Question || Previos Question
  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0384 seconds